Walt Mankowski on 19 May 2005 13:51:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Drexel MCS Society Debate

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 11:55:46PM -0400, Eric Lucas wrote:
> I cannot confirm the Woodland part (before my time?) but it is indeed in
> the block between Chestnut and Market on 32nd... I had Physics there back
> in the 80's.

What used to be Woodland Avenue is now the diagonal path starting at
32nd and Chestnut and running through Drexel's quad and Penn's campus
to 38th St. just south of Spruce.  It becomes a real street again
somewhere around 39th St.

Woodland Ave. has been gone since the 70s, but you can still see
traces of it in both the path and the various oddly-shaped triangular
buildings along its route.

Walt