Art Alexion on 28 May 2005 01:41:16 -0000

Re: [PLUG] New Verizon Service called Fios - Any Feedback

jvoris wrote:

>Allows up to 4 PC's on their router.  But no LINUX boxes or NT boxes in their
>supported systems (which seems strange to me).  Are they using some client
>software on the PCs?

I have their DSL service, and though they don't "support" Linux, they
don't have a problem with customers using it.  In fact, they will run
diagnostics with your Linux box's connection as long as you know the
native Linux utilities and apps to use.  About one in four calls, I even
get a person with personal Linux experience to help.

On the other hand, they do provide client software including a
diagnostic toolbox that only runs on windows (maybe mac too).

So, at least as far as the DSL service, where they likewise do not
officially support Linux, there is adequate unofficial help.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c