sean finney on 29 May 2005 02:13:11 -0000

[PLUG] input for upcoming nagios talk

hey all,

i more or less have my presentation for wednesday prepared, but before
i consider it complete i'd like to solicit some input from those who
are most likely to attend the talk.  from this information i can make
tweaks to the presentation, and spend time focused on what would be
most beneficial.

currently, the presentation is geared to people who are somewhere
between not having heard of nagios and those who know of it but
have not spent extensive time with it.  there will be lots of hands-on
examples (including a from-scratch installation on my favorite distro
if time permits), and towards the end i will spend some time talking
about some more of the advanced features.  at the very end i'll also
set some time aside for some general q&a about nagios as well.

what i would like to know before showing up on wednesday is whether or
not my assumption about the target audience is correct.  if it isn't,
i can spend less time on the general/introductory stuff and more on
the advanced topics.  also, if you already know that you're going to
be attending the talk and have a specific question or there's something
specific you'd like to see addressed, let me know now and i'll do my
best to work it into the presentation.

so please follow up with me privately if you have any input on this,
and otherwise i'll see you all wednesday!

	sean