Carlos Konstanski on 31 May 2005 15:11:52 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Module loading logs

Here's an easy approach:

- Boot up under a knoppix CD into a 2.6 kernel.

- See what knoppix writes in its /etc/modules-2.6 file.

- Use that as a start for your own /etc/modules file.

Since knoppix has everything built as a module, you'll get the kitchen
sink.

This technique will highlight the modules that have, for whatever
reason, changed names from their 2.4 counterparts.

You can cd to /lib/modules/2.6/ and do a find for
"<whatever_module>.*" to see if the module you seek exists in your 2.6
kernel under the name specified.

Also, module-init-tools does need to be upgraded.

Carlos