Walt Mankowski on 3 Jun 2005 00:30:43 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: 12" Powerbook screen resolution

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:21:57AM -0400, Flint Heart wrote:
> It's not as big a negative as i originally though. I use the powerbook more
> then my pc (which has 2 21" crts each at 1600X1200).  Course when your at a
> place with a crt you can always use an external display at 1600X1200 . I
> actually usually leave it at 12080X1024.  I find with expose and desktop
> manager(gpl virtual desktop app) I don't need the res. I'd need with a
> windows or linux box.

That's one of the good points about the powerbook.  While you're
limited to 1024x768 on its internal screen, if you can plug it into an
external monitor its graphics card can drive that at at least
1600x1200.

When I'm home and want to do some extended work on the powerbook, I'll
often plug in a monitor, usb keyboard and mouse and work on the bigger
screen.  The powerbook lets you run like that with the lid closed, so
it's like a poor man's docking station.

Walt