Flint Heart on 7 Jun 2005 01:04:43 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: 12" Powerbook screen resolution

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 05:46:12PM -0400, Jason Costomiris wrote:
> On 6/6/05, Sandhu, Suchindra <suchindra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Less than a year?  I don't believe a model-specific timetable was
> shared.  The transition is slated to be completed for all shipping
> models by 12/31/2007.  That's more than 2 years away.  I'm sure we'll
> see PBs with Pentium-M x64 CPUs before the end of 2007, but at this
> point, nobody knows.

Current crop of rumors say mac mini and laptops will be the first to
transition. get everything that needs low power consumption moved over
first.

At this point its just a guessing game. could be waiting over a year...
I hope something decent comes out within a year...  I really want a faster
Mac.

Lots of rumors proven true today. (like x86 version since original os x
release)

Keynote was a good watch.

N-Tropy