Jason Costomiris on 8 Jun 2005 18:18:02 -0000

[PLUG] FS: athlon pc, well outfitted - proceeds go to charity

I'm on the board of Delanco Camp - www.delanco.org, a South
Jersey-based non-profit.

Someone donated a used system to us -  Athlon XP 1700 with 512MB
PC2100 RAM, DVD-ROM, CD-RW, 80GB HD, GeForce 2MX 440 64MB AGP.  The
motherboard is an nForce 2.  Since everything was seen properly by
Ubuntu Hoary (even the onboard sound & ethernet), you should be able
to get it up and cooking with the distribution of your choice..

I've since cleaned it up and it's for sale.  100% of the proceeds
(less the $24 I spent on a keyboard & mouse) will go to Delanco's IT
expansion project, which includes a new office system (replacing the
existing iMac G3/233 with a new iMac G5), WiFi coverage for the guest
residence building and broadband Internet via satellite.  I know,
satellite isn't ideal, but it beats the $10k the cable company wants
to run cable to the facility, and DSL isn't an option given the camp's
location.

I'm asking $300, but I'll take any reasonable offer.  Currently, the
system is located in my house in Mount Laurel.  I've also got an
actual Windows XP license that can accompany the system for $50 more.
It's a full retail copy - retail value of $299 just for the Windoze
license.

Currently, the system is running a freshly installed Ubuntu Hoary
(5.04) installation using the k7 (athlon) kernel.

Please reply directly, off-list.

--
Jason Costomiris <><
E: jcostom {at} gmail {dot} com / W: http://www.jasons.org/