Jon Nelson on 10 Jun 2005 10:35:24 -0000

RE: [PLUG] [OT][RESOLVED] Comcast problems anyone?

>>Thanks for all the info peeps.  36+ hours and counting without a
>>connection.  I spoke with them this AM and said it could take up to 72
>>hours to fix.

So I call this morning and I am told that the ticket is still being worked
on.  I explain to the guy what has been happening over the last three days
and that it was supposed to fixed by this morning.  He asked if when I
open a browser window I see a Comcast page asking me to download a
program.  I said there was and that it had been that way for the last
three days.  He asked if I had downloaded and ran the program.  I told him
that I hadn't because the person I talked to the first day told me not to
run it.  He seemed very surprised by this.

Longer story short...The program didn't work but they were able to
register me from their side after creating a "new" account for me.  They
claim they will move over all my other email addresses.  Why didn't they
do this three days ago?  Good question!

It's great to be in Comcasts test bed....

Jon