George Gallen on 9 Jun 2005 14:01:58 -0000

RE: [PLUG] [OT] Comcast problems anyone?

Title: RE: [PLUG] [OT] Comcast problems anyone?

Give this a shot....This happened to me after a bad storm last year.

My cable modem is stuck in 10mbs mode, even though it has a 10/100 port.
Try forcing your router's wan setting to 10mbs instead of automatic.

My router kept trying to use 100mbs on it, and the modem didn't understand
even though all the handshaking was good. At first I thought my router was
bad, and replaced it, but the new one failed too, until I forced it to use
10mbs only

I've just been too lazy to return my cable modem for a replacement, and
I know that since cable hasn't reached the 10mbs stage, it shouldn't
slow me down any.

George