Adam Zion on 12 Jul 2005 16:41:57 -0000

[PLUG] USB problems

> So let me see if I understand this: yesterday, or a few days ago, ALL
> your linux machines stopped working with USB ?

	No- yesterday, or a few days ago, my main linux machine's USB ports
appeared to simultaneously fail.

> What distro?

	Mandrake 10.

> My best guess is that something got upgraded, but unless it's the
> kernel (which you said didn't get upgraded), I don't quite see what
> might have happened.

	Well, I haven't yet done the handy Windows solution of "shut up 'n
reboot," so perhaps that will make a difference.

> Did the USB stop working after a reboot, or was it running, working
> fine, and then, all of a suddent, stopped working.

	The latter.

> What does dmesg log if you plug in a USB device (like a pen drive) ?

	I haven't tried that yet. That'll be the next step after a reboot.

--

Adam Zion, MCSE+I
Local Support Provider

Think! It ain't illegal yet! * Funkadelic