Mattison, Jacob on 13 Jul 2005 18:41:04 -0000

[PLUG] Job Posting: Web Developer/Administrator at University of the Arts, Philadelphia

I am leaving my current position as a web developer/administrator (due
to wanting to move closer to my family), and I am trying to help them
find a good replacement.

The official job posting is at http://www.uarts.edu/contact/job0097.cfm

I am in charge of a university intranet portal at the University of the
Arts in Philadelphia, PA.  This includes everything from
Linux/Apache/Tomcat server administration, PostgreSQL database
administration, Java servlet/JSP/SQL web application development, and
HTML/JavaScript/CSS/XML/XSLT web development, to having a major voice in
intranet and internet strategy and planning.  It's a great position for
a smart person with technical skills, people skills, and an interest in
web usability.  If you don't have a perfect match for the technical
skills, don't let that stop you if you're a quick learner.

You should be good at working on your own.  You should be good at doing
research and finding problem solutions without a lot of help, even in
areas you may not be expert in.  In return, you will have a huge amount
of control over how you work and how the project moves forward.  You
will interact at a high level with the administration as they think
about how to use the web.  For me, this job has been a bridge from
junior/mid-level positions to senior level positions and has
dramatically advanced my career.  Plus the benefits are good.

Please contact me (up until July 27) with any questions, or send me your
resume/cover letter directly at jmattison@uarts.edu (but you should also
send it to personnel@uarts.edu, so that you're in the system
officially).

Jacob Mattison