gyoza on 20 Jul 2005 16:28:17 -0000

Re: [PLUG] dyndns

Edward Pike wrote:

I'd like to pitch also the idea that you can setup your
own DNS server as well, if you could get 2 static IPs...I did that..there are some providers that can give you at least than 2 statics...

Static IPs would add to the cost. Alternately, XName is a free DNS service that offers the following:

* multi-users groups (with read-only and/or read-write users) with action logs
* IPv6 AAAA records
* .in-addr.arpa zones (with PTR records)
* automatic modification of associated reverse (or normal) zone
* Templates for zone creation
* Zone filling using existing zone data on a remote server
* Sub-zones creation and delegation
* in-addr.arpa IP range delegation
* dynamic update (see here)
* automatically managed, refresh occurs once per hour

http://www.xname.org/index.php