Edward Pike on 20 Jul 2005 15:59:46 -0000

Re: [PLUG] dyndns

> can i do this with dynamic dns, a service advertised as free for up to
> 5 hosts.
>
> anyone have experience with dyndns.org? any thoughts?

I used them for a long time before i setup my own
real dns servers.  Reliable and free.  Dunno about
the "free" one now as i havent used them for about
2 years.

DNS update scriptable as the other poster suggested,
so basically you can just set it up and leave it alone
in cron--just be generous with the polling and updates frequency.

I'd like to pitch also the idea that you can setup your
own DNS server as well, if you could get 2 static
IPs...I did that..there are some providers that can give
you at least than 2 statics...

jondz