Pat Regan on 20 Jul 2005 20:40:10 -0000

Re: [PLUG] dyndns

Edward Pike wrote:
>> can i do this with dynamic dns, a service advertised as free for up to
>> 5 hosts.
>>
>> anyone have experience with dyndns.org? any thoughts?
>
> I used them for a long time before i setup my own
> real dns servers.  Reliable and free.  Dunno about
> the "free" one now as i havent used them for about
> 2 years.

I have been using dyndns.org since quite a while before I ran my own DNS
servers.  I continue to run them because I am lazy, and my WRT54G
(stock, and Svesoft firmwares) support updating dyndns.org.

Before I ran the Linksys router, my Debian Woody firewall ran some
update script that was in apt.

Pat