Stephen Gran on 26 Jul 2005 22:36:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] exim4 and local delivery

You are mixing apples and oranges a little here.  The problem is not
between mutt and exim, the problem is between mutt and a spam blocking
acl on craigslist.  If mutt works, let it be.  If you want to cat a
message into exim, though, I think you want exim -ti or something.  It's
been a little while, but it's basically the same as the sendmail command
line when using it in an open(MAIL, |sendmail -ti) script setting.

It seems the hostname issues have been sorted out, so now reload exim
and run /usr/sbin/exim4 -bP primary_hostname to make sure exim has
noticed the change.  I don't believe the debian maintainers set it, so
it should just pick it up from gethostbyname() and do the right thing.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Sometimes when you look into his eyes   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | you get the feeling that someone else   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | is driving.   -- David Letterman        |