Andrew Libby on 28 Jul 2005 00:52:50 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux file sharing best practices

For a while now I've opted to use samba for pretty much all of my file
sharing
services at home.  The UID mapping issues of NFS drive me crazy.  I like
NFS when
machines share naming services through LDAP or NIS.  I also like NFS when
it's not specifically home directories being shared out.  I've found
permissions
with samba to be an annoyance, but permissions in Linux/ Unix are
somewhat of
an annoyance anyway...

Andy