Stewart B. Lone on 28 Jul 2005 16:56:56 -0000

Re: [PLUG] GPG Signed

gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
Eric J. Roode wrote:

To sign a message this way, you have to use an email program that
supports the PGP/MIME protocol.

Thanks. I had actually worked it out last night. I looked at the source for a couple messages and I noticed a link that Alexion has in his signature. http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

(Hmm.  I'd like to make it obvious that I signed the message, but the
inline signature is a mess.)

As far as distributing the public key, I was planning on just giving it
to family so we can play with encryption.  Eventually I might want to
have my key signed and posted somewhere.

I understand that you want to make it obvious that you signed the
message, and it does indeed show a signature. However, [using enigmail]
 in the topline of the visible header, it states "Unverified signature;
click Pen icon". How do I know its you. If you use an armored file,
export pub file option, that could be imported to my keyring, likewise
from a keyserver. Once its on my ring, I can set it to a marginal trust
value and subsequent representations of that key would show as a bad sig
if it were different. Who has time to inspect each and every sig. If the
opportunity to exchange keyslips offers itself, then trust could be set
to ultimate.