Walt Mankowski on 5 Aug 2005 16:29:08 -0000

[PLUG] Fwd: ACM Princeton Chapter Job Posting

I don't know anything about this job, but it sounds pretty cool for
someone with the right experience so I thought I'd forward it to the
list.

If anyone's interested, please contact FCCC directly for more
information.  DO NOT email me or Jim Matey -- we're both just
middlemen.  Thanks.

Walt

----- Forwarded message from ACM Princeton Chapter <jmatey@sarnoff.com> -----

Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:45:03 -0400
From: ACM Princeton Chapter <jmatey@sarnoff.com>
To: acm_princeton_jobs@enterprise.sarnoff.com
Subject: ACM Princeton Chapter Job Posting

High Performance Computing Cluster Administrator
Fox Chase Cancer Center
JOB CODE: FCCC-IST-072505

Salary:	Open
Location:	Main Campus
Type:		Full Time - Experienced

The person hired to this position is to be responsible for operations &
maintenance of the Fox Chase High Performance Computing Facilities research
computing cluster. Said individual will have responsibility for all software
installations and configurations involving scientific applications, such as
Gaussian, Schrodinger, Charmm, & Blast. Additionally, the individual will be
responsible for implementing scheduling a program submission policy on the
instrument via policy-based resource managers and scheduling systems, such
as MAUI & TORQUE (to accommodate grant funding, institution, and technical
priorities). The position holder will be responsible for the on-going
maintenance, upgrade, & software configuration of the system. The individual
will also be responsible for maintaining an up-to-date knowledge about best
practices on hardware & software configurations for High Performance
Computing.

NOTES:
* Linux OS expertise
* Working familiarity with computational biology & chemistry applications
* 4 years or more server/systems administration experience in a research
environment
* Bachelor's degree in related field required, Master's degree preferred

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND FORWARDING ADDRESS:
* website - www.fccc.edu
* send resumes for consideration - george.chambers@fccc.edu

ABOUT FOX CHASE CANCER CENTER:

Fox Chase Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated
Comprehensive Cancer Center, is an independent, nonprofit institution
devoted to improving cancer treatment through research and prevention.
Medical advances based on state of the art research are integrated with
compassionate care to give patients every possible human and technological
advantage in their battles against cancer. Our 100-bed hospital is one of
the largest in the country devoted entirely to cancer care.

In 1904 the Center was founded first as American Oncologic Hospital, the
nation's first cancer hospital. In 1974, Fox Chase Cancer Center was formed
from the union of the American Oncologic Hospital and the Institute for
Cancer Research, which was founded in 1927. Today Fox Chase has more than
2,100 employees and an annual budget of more than $218 million.

The Center's Institute for Cancer Research helped pioneer the modern
approach to understanding cancer by bringing together basic researchers from
many disciplines. Scientists study normal mechanisms of cell growth and the
abnormal growth processes of cancer to see what has gone wrong and how it
might be corrected. Fox Chase now has more than 80 laboratory research
programs with many key biological discoveries have been made here.

subscribe acm_princeton_jobs youremail@yourplace.com
 or
unsubscribe acm_princeton_jobs youremail@yourplace.com

the list is otherwise closed and moderated.

Please do your subscribes/unsubscribes from the same account
that you want subscribed/unsubscribed -- if you try to make a change from
a third-party account, it will bounce to me for approval.

Don't make ANY responses to this server or the ACM officers regarding jobs.
The from and return to address has been set to a dummy address:
"ACM Princeton Chapter" <DoNotReply@DoNotReply.com>

The only info we have is what is in the posting.
Contact the organization that has the job directly.

If you have a job (position available) that you want to post,
please send a message to jmatey@sarnoff.com.

We ARE NOT accepting any postings for positions wanted.

Best regards,

Jim Matey, Past Chair, ListServer Moderator
Princeton Chapter ACM/IEEE Computer Society