George Gallen on 5 Aug 2005 17:11:04 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Fedora 3 problem with modules

Bingo. depmod -a indeed did work. It took about 5 minutes
to run (at first I thought the system locked up...but then
I remembered, it wasn't XP).

Looks like all my modules are back now, including the sound
modules, which I never used, so never looked.

Thank you.

Now I just have a routing issue...I think.
If an ethernet port is given 192.168.0.4 by dhcp server (my
wireless/wired router), shouldn't I be able to do a ping
192.168.0.4 from itself and have it work? It gives me no
route to host.

Or is that my router not allowing the ping to come back because
I have ping turned off (at least I think I do).

ping localhost works as expected.

my route table list 192.168. as the default route on eth0

George