Carlos Konstanski on 21 Aug 2005 02:42:25 -0000

Re: [PLUG] No sound in Rosegarden...

Is that a VIA sound card?  I've aways had to use the OSS driver with
my KT600 motherboard's onboard sound card.  I never got the alsa
driver to work.

The OSS driver worked just fine, however.  Maybe worth a shot.

Carlos

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Clyde Magas wrote:

Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:33:53 -0400
From: Clyde Magas <clydezilla@att.net>
To: Philadelphia Linux User Group <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Subject: [PLUG] No sound in Rosegarden...

I have a simple box (Pentium III - 466MHz) running SuSE Professional
9.3... I'm using the "on board" sound card - a VT82C686 AC97 sound
controller...

I've downloaded Rosegarden, as well as the ALSA Drivers, LADASPA, and
the Jack Audio Connector Kit... everything "seems" to have downloaded
properly, as I can boot up Rosegarden without a problem...

I've also run "alsaconf" without an issue - I even have the majestic
fanfare playing at the end...

When I run Rosegarden, I have no sound... look into JACK - everything
appears to be "hooked up" properly... no error messages, but also no
sound...

Any thoughts or insights aould be appreciated...

Thanks,

Clyde Magas