John Von Essen on 12 Sep 2005 16:16:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] weird named behavior...

Mike,

Things actually do work properly, they very first time it loads on the
primary dns server. It loads fines, local lookups return all the right
bogus a records.

What happens is, when my secondary dns server tries to do a zone tranfer
for this bogus domain against the primary server, the primary server
(following a named restart) no longer returns data for the local zone
file. And the secondary name server with the failed zone transfer errors
out saying I am not authoritative for apple.com. There is nothing in logs,
and like I said, the zone file previously worked fine. I can never get
apple.com working again on the primary. Even though, ten minutes earlier
is was working fine.

Its very bizarre.

-John