George Gallen on 13 Sep 2005 13:14:24 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Video Stream "forwarder"??? (possibly off topic?)

ok. What about....

Setup a perl program that...

OPEN camera for Read - non-blocking
OPEN /dev/null for Write - non-blocking

Setup a Loop to READ to from camera and write to /dev/null
Inside that loop check for any for any connections, and write to each
   connection that needs it.

Now. I have no clue how you would know when to route the feed
  to a connection....but at least you could have a constant read with
  the data being available realtime, without having to store the data

George