Shameel Arafin on 19 Sep 2005 21:37:53 -0000

[PLUG] XMMS issue in Fedora Core 3

1) Hi all. I have a strange sound/soundcard/XMMS issue in Fedora Core 3. When XMMS is playing, no other sounds are played (e.g. from IM or email clients)... But when the XMMS song ends, all the sounds start playing (e.g. beeps and chirps from various IM messages).

It's like two different apps cannot send sound at the same time... but when XMMS ends, all the buffered (?) sounds finally get through...

I did the soundcard config check (Gnome) and tried the Test Sound... even the test sound got 'buffered' until XMMS had stopped playing...

2) On a separate note... My XMMS won't play OGG files... I'm pretty sure it's supposed to :) ... But I can't even load OGG files into my XMMS player...

I'm using the default Intel soundcard/chip on my laptop, no extra sound card or anything.

Cheers all.

Shameel
--
Fedora Core 3 / XP Pro dual boot
Dell Inspiron 8200, 1.4GHz, 512MB, 40 + 200GB