Art Alexion on 23 Sep 2005 12:54:47 -0000

Re: [PLUG] .thunderbird

Art Alexion wrote:

> I updated enigmail through the thunderbird extensions manager and it
> stopped working.  I had been using thunderbird 1.0.2.  I decided to
> use apt-get to install enigmail, and it wanted to install a new
> version of thunderbird (1.0.6).  I allowed it, but it is using its own
> configuration settings (.mozilla-thunderbird), and not those of the
> have several options.
>
>   1. Move the Mail folder (and subfolders) from
>      .thunderbird/123xyzdefault/ to
>      .mozilla-thunderbird/456abcdefault/, then use about:config to make
>      sure the prefs.js file is pointing to the right mailboxes.
>   2. rename .mozilla-thunderbird/456abcdefault/ to something else and
>      rename .thunderbird/123xyzdefault/ to
>      .mozilla-thunderbird/456abcdefault/
>   3. use the Account Preferences system to create new accounts pointing
>      to the old mail folders.
>   4. just copy the account directories from .thunderbird/123xyzdefault/
>      to .mozilla-thunderbird/456abcdefault/ and make sure the accounts
>      point to them, either via about:congfig or the Account Preferences
>      system.
>   5. Use a built in import utility (if there is one).
>
> What is the preferred method?

Here is a good article I found to solve this.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_mail_storage_location_%28Thunderbird%29

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c