Michael Lazin on 1 Oct 2005 20:46:27 -0000

[PLUG] rhel problems

I am running rhel 4 WS and I recently installed a new kernel and
switched the desktop to KDE.  Now the machine will not boot, even
using the original kernel.  I tried to look this up but I couldn't
find anything.  I am assuming that the problem has to do with kde, not
the kernel because the original kernel that worked no longer
functions.  I could try the rescue disk, but I have a SATA hd
controller that rhel doesn't have a built in driver for.  I had to
install the driver before I installed redhat.  Is there a way to just
boot my system bypassing the gui, and boot right into a command line?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael