Jeff Abrahamson on 2 Oct 2005 02:16:43 -0000

[PLUG] selecting images

If I have a stack of photos on paper and want to select the ten best,
I would make a little pile of my favorites and then make a pile of my
favorites from the favorite pile, repeating until I have it narrowed
down to my goal, in this case ten.

I'd like to do the same with digital photos.  My ultimate goal is a
list of, say, ten file names, my favorite ten images from a collection
of images.  I'm not sure what such a program would look like, but I
know I haven't found it.  Note that I *don't want this program to move
or change any images on my disk, just help me pick my favorites.

I've played with gqview a bit, but I'm not clear how best to do this.
Thumbnails in nautilus aren't rich enough.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287