George Gallen on 6 Oct 2005 19:53:30 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Way OT: Region-free DVD player?

I think most "newer" DVD players are region free. Supposedly,
you can change your DVD player from one region to another, but
   only once or twice, then it's locked out for good.

the quality of the picture should be pretty much the same, just
   functionality would be the deciding factor (bells and whistles).

Our DVD was one of the no-name $80.00 (2 years ago), it's been working
   fine (I believe it's region free).

George

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Greg Helledy
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:11 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] Way OT: Region-free DVD player?

Does anyone have a region-free DVD player?  If so and you'd recommend it:
Did you make it region-free yourself or buy it that way?  What brand and
model do you have?  How much did you pay?

Are there maintained sites that have info on the best models and how to
convert them?  Everything I've found is either a vendor or a site that
hasn't been updated in years.

Thanks,
Greg Helledy