sean finney on 16 Oct 2005 09:12:33 -0000

Re: [PLUG] 2000pro installation woe

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 06:57:51PM -0400, Stewart B Lone wrote:
> Be nice, it doesnt cost anything. By the way which one?:-

was i really that rude?  as for which OT, how aobut we default
to the same one that we've always used ;p

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 10:00:26PM -0400, Christopher M. Jones wrote:
> Sorry, not to be a hole, but surely the subject line was descriptive?

note really, given the context that it was posted to a LUG.  being a
former windows user myself, and having to deal with windows as often as
i still do, i can think of many woes caused by win2k that reverberate to
the linux world (dual booting is the first obvious example).

> And I've been a member of plenty LUGS in the past where the spirit was
> somewhat kinder and more open than your note suggests. Surely we are all
> geeks, or wannabe geeks, and we all love to share whatever knowledge we
> have. Surely the "community" is accustomed to helping out the brethren,
> even with those pesky non-Linux issues from time to time. If you wish to

i'm not saying you should never post anything not directly related to
linux to this list.  however, if you're going to post a question related to
installing windows on a linux users' group, you should be prepared
at the least for a little ribbing.  and again, i don't think i was
really out of line asking that you simply prefix such messages with an
"[OT] " or "OT: " as is proper netiquette.  If you read back in the
plug archives, for example, there are almost 30 messages under an
"OT" subject in the past month alone.  And many of these were much
more on-topic than your mail.

	sean