Doug Crompton on 24 Oct 2005 03:44:52 -0000

[PLUG] wrt54g driving me nuts.

I purchased a WRT54G because of it's upgrade capabilities but it seems I
either have a bad unit or what I want to do cannot be done. At the moment
I just need a connection from my exisitng wired network to wireless. I
thought I could use the wrt54g in a dumb mode by just connecting one of
it's LAN ports to my existing network and with possibly a little setup be
on my way. Well it has not worked out that way. Is there anyone doing
this? This is a WRT54G that is version 2 and the firmware is obviously old
so it has been on the shelf for awhile. The problem is that now for some
reason I cannot connect to it for admin setup except on the wireless port.

Another example of something that should be easy turning into a waste of
time. Maybe there is a better suggestion for hardware for an access point
on my network??? Something that is easy to configure and has good range
and security features. I can easily return the wrt54g.

I kinda have wanted to get a wrt54 series for firware experimentation -
such as amateur radio long range experimentation.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *