Toby DiPasquale on 26 Oct 2005 07:43:26 -0000

Re: [PLUG] bottle?

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 11:23:46PM -0400, Stewart B Lone wrote:

> Read on Slashdot:-
>
> "Finally, CrossOver Office Professional has the ability to create an RPM
> package out of a bottle. This service allows you to create a bottle on
> one system, package it up, reinstall it on many additional machines, or
> simply upload it to the server holding your RPMs thus automating the
> installation of the Windows applications. This is by far the easiest way
> to deploy a set of Windows applications on a large network."
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "bottle"?

Its like a box, but its what Linux users are forced to use because the
cardboard cartels are all owned by Microsoft ;-)

Seriously, its this writer's attempt to be cute and not trite. He failed
at both, but just slightly.

--
Toby DiPasquale