gyoza on 26 Oct 2005 15:21:58 -0000

[PLUG] OT: gettext/PHP4

Can anyone give me some pointers on using gettext with PHP4?  I have
translated a navigation menu into three languages using gettext.  Now I
want to try to use gettext to translate entire pages.

First problem: After I run xgettext to try to translate a paragraph, I
get the following:

#: courses.php:8
msgid ""
"Two-week, weekday program. Open to students ages 7-17. This course "
"introduces the beginner to sailing under instructor supervision. The
course "
"covers water safety, seamanship, rigging, terminology and basic boat "
"handling."
msgstr ""

Second problem: After I run msgmerge, I lose the filename/line number
comments from the original PO file.

#: drss-top.php:119
msgid "Home"
msgstr "ホーム"

...becomes...

#~ msgid "Home"
#~ msgstr "ホーム"

Any tips, even not directly related to the problems above, are more than
welcome.