Doug Crompton on 26 Oct 2005 13:44:16 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Recovery 2.5GB of deleted files

> > They are JPGs from 500kB to 3MB in size in I-dont-know-how-many files
> > from 1.5 years of digital photography and 1 year of traditional
> > photography converted to digital. I'd love to get them back, and am
> > willing to put the work in, but it won't kill me if it's hopeless.

I have a friend who lost more digital photo files then that a few years
ago when his network was hit with a virus that specifically attacked
JPEG's. He had distrubuted them in at least two places and lost all
copies. I recently lost some when I had a hard disk crash. I think the
lesson we both learned is to backup every set to a CD or DVD. I have a 1
GB card in my camera so it holds about 600 pictures. Although I download
regularly, I don't delete them from the compact flash until they are
backed up.

Doug