Jeff Abrahamson on 26 Oct 2005 19:43:55 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Recovery 2.5GB of deleted files

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 09:43:47AM -0400, Doug Crompton wrote:
>   [21 lines, 173 words, 1104 characters]  Top characters: _teaoiln
>
> > > They are JPGs from 500kB to 3MB in size in I-dont-know-how-many files
> > > from 1.5 years of digital photography and 1 year of traditional
> > > photography converted to digital. I'd love to get them back, and am
> > > willing to put the work in, but it won't kill me if it's hopeless.
>
> I have a friend who lost more digital photo files then that a few years
> ago when his network was hit with a virus that specifically attacked
> JPEG's. He had distrubuted them in at least two places and lost all
> copies. I recently lost some when I had a hard disk crash. I think the
> lesson we both learned is to backup every set to a CD or DVD. I have a 1
> GB card in my camera so it holds about 600 pictures. Although I download
> regularly, I don't delete them from the compact flash until they are
> backed up.

This was a virus one of whose actions was to damage jpegs?  And his
backups were on the same machine, or he backed up the damaged jpegs
over the old ones on another machine?

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287