Doug Crompton on 26 Oct 2005 20:52:28 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Recovery 2.5GB of deleted files

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

> This was a virus one of whose actions was to damage jpegs?  And his
> backups were on the same machine, or he backed up the damaged jpegs
> over the old ones on another machine?
>
> --
>  Jeff

Yes, as I remember to specifically attack JPEG's and yes it ate anything
it could find on his network. When it was done the files appeared intact
from the directory but actually were small stubs that contained the virus.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *