Doug Crompton on 28 Oct 2005 02:12:51 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Samba <> XP not talking

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Art Alexion wrote:

> Can the XP machine browse the shares on the Linux machine?

Yes. It sees the samba presented shares. When I select one it asks for a
Username/PW - I give it, it goes in hourdglass and eventually tells me it
can't do it. If I put anything other then the correct username/PW in in
immediately tells me it is wrong.

> Can the XP machine browse the shares on the win2k machine?

Yes and can connect when I let it. I don't usually let any directories be
shared in windows.

> Can the win2k machine connect to the XP shares?

It sees the XP shares but I never tried connecting. As I said the win2K
can connect fine to Samba.

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *