Doug Crompton on 29 Oct 2005 17:00:44 -0000

[PLUG] USB<>ATA is my assumption correct?

I have an external USB drive on Linux system. It is partitioned exactly
like my internal fixed ATA drive. I regularly backup the fixed drive to
this external drive. So the drives are essentially mirrors of each other.
Since the external USB drive is nothing but an ATA drive on an adapter am
I safe in assuming that it could, in an emergency, be installed as the
fixed internal drive and function properly? I would guess as far as the
drive is concerned it does not know where it is physically attached.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *