Doug Crompton on 1 Nov 2005 23:07:45 -0000

Re: [PLUG] RAID Backup Server

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Pat Regan wrote:

> I am quite paranoid, myself.  I even store my at home personal backups
> off site.  It may only be one town away, but it protects me against
> fire.  And I would hate to lose the last 5 years worth of digital
> pictures :).  I only tend to move my personal backups off site every
> 6-12 months, though :).
>
> Pat

I do tend to think that Hard drives (not running) are more rugged then you
might think. Not something you want to test but hey they do come to you in
a box and shippers have no mercy.

Yea I guess that is kinda paranoid but since you can do it and it does not
take much effort then why not. I don't know of anyone that stored photos
offsite before we had digital. People did use bank boxes more though. I
guess we still should but somehow I can't be bothered.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *