Stephen Gran on 3 Nov 2005 14:45:18 -0000

Re: [PLUG] mail headers - Thunderbird filters

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 09:16:16AM -0500, Art Alexion said:
> Stephen Gran wrote:
> >On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 08:14:34AM -0500, Art Alexion said:
> >
> >>To deal with spam that is predated, I am trying to set up a message
> >>filter (in Thunderbird) that compares the "sent date" with the "received
> >>date".
> >
> >I suggest just letting spamassassin handle this, as it already hass rule
> >for this.
> >
> I'd love to do that, but can't figure out a way to integrate
> spamassassin into thunderbird, and can't get kmail (which has excellent
> spamassassin integration) to work with Verizon SMTP servers.

I've never used thunderbird or kmail, so I can't comment on either,
sadly.  But it occurs to me the simplest may be just to set up a system
mail arrangement that works for you (fetchmail -> procmail + spamc) and
then just use whatever front end you like.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Hey, waiter!  I want a NEW SHIRT and a  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | PONY TAIL with lemon sauce!             |