Art Clemons on 4 Nov 2005 15:34:40 -0000

Re: [PLUG] mail headers - Thunderbird filters

> My suggestion when dealing with spam is still bayesian filtering. I set up
> spamprove on my server, and withing 2 weeks my spam dropped by 98%. The
> false positives were reduced to 1% after the first 3 weeks. It's totally
> worth it, and in spamprobe's case the CPU usage is very low.

I've found that Thunderbird's adaptive junk mail detection is quite good
 once trained.  The other point is that by going to my junk directory, I
can easily see what the filters included that should not have been.
It's not perfect, but my spam load is certain well down.