Doug Crompton on 11 Dec 2005 00:44:13 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux HDTV

Thanks Will,

  That was the directory.... Station list from my site...

dumping lists (27 services)
WNJS-DT@:521000000:8VSB:49:52:3
NJN-4:521000000:8VSB:97:100:6
NJN-YOU@:521000000:8VSB:81:84:5
NJN-HD:521000000:8VSB:0:0:65534
KYW-1:545000000:8VSB:49:52:3
WGTW TBN:551000000:8VSB:49:52:3
WGTW Enlace:551000000:8VSB:97:100:6
WGTW JCTV:551000000:8VSB:81:84:5
WGTW Church Channel:551000000:8VSB:65:68:4
WPPX FaithTV:575000000:8VSB:97:100:6
WPPX Worship:575000000:8VSB:81:84:5
WPPX Pax:575000000:8VSB:65:68:4
WPPX Digital Television:575000000:8VSB:49:52:3
WPSG-DT:581000000:8VSB:49:52:1
WYBE-DT:593000000:8VSB:49:52:1
FOX Philadelphia:641000000:8VSB:49:52:3
Lenfest Broadcasting:653000000:8VSB:49:52:3
WPHL Digital Television:713000000:8VSB:49:52:3
WHYY-1:719000000:8VSB:49:52:3
WHYY-2:719000000:8VSB:65:68:4
WPVI-HD:773000000:8VSB:49:52:3
WPVI-SD:773000000:8VSB:65:68:4
WPVI-WX:773000000:8VSB:81:84:5
WUVP DT:785000000:8VSB:49:52:3
WFPA   :785000000:8VSB:65:68:4
WCAU-DT:791000000:8VSB:49:52:3
WX-PLUS:791000000:8VSB:65:68:4

Now I just need to get a viewer going.. then onto recording...

BTW.... if you have any  way to mount it this antenna I have might
work for you. It is intended for tough urban situations...

Doug

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Will Dyson wrote:

> On 12/10/05, Doug Crompton <doug@crompton.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Will Dyson wrote:
> >
> >  I founf a great site for configuration but I am stuck at a certain point
> > and not sure how to proceed. The Kernel modules are loaded and the card is
> > there but I cannot get the firmware to load. It uses hotplug but I have no
> > familiarity with hotplug. I have downloaded the extras that do scanning
> > and store the channels but when I run atscan I get the message 'loading
> > firmware' and then 'firmware not found'  This is either a hotplug issue or
> > I don't have the firmware files in the right place. I think it should be
> > /usr/share/hotplug/firmware  - anyone done this with SUSE 10?
>
> Under debian, it is /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/. A bit of googleing
> makes me think it is the same in Suse10.
>
> Also, my kernel 2.6.15-rc5 source indicates that it is looking for the
> following filenames: "dvb-fe-or51132-qam.fw" and
> "dvb-fe-or51132-vsb.fw".
>
> > Actually I have had Philly off air HDTV going here on my media system for
> > some time. It works quite well. I also have DirectTV and get HBO HD from
> > that. The off air had been a little flakey with an attic mounted antenna
> > but I recently put up a Winegard SS2000 on my tower. It is a rectangle
> > shaped amplified antenna that works very well. I get about 11 off air
> > signals with about 25 combined channels. In particuliar channel 12-1 -
> > PBSHD is very good in programming and quality. The 5.1 surround on most
> > channels is very nice also. Being able to see a perfectly clean off air
> > signal is great.
>
> Yeah, I don't have an antenna mast on my appt. The indoor antenna just
> doesn't do the job, but I'm not really interested in the effort of
> putting up a mast.
>
> --
> Will Dyson

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *