Stephen Gran on 12 Dec 2005 10:13:23 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Xine-hd

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 09:51:40PM -0500, Doug Crompton said:
> Somewhat answering my own question...
>
> FC4 shipped with GCC4 which the developers decided to make "-w pendantic"
> warnings now be errors. It's a PITA because it now breaks a lot of code
> over some semantic interpretation of being ANSI standard code. I don't
> know the best solution other than to go back to an earlier version of gcc.
>
> So what is the answer. I suppose there is no compiler  switch to fix this?

Not exactly.  Most of the -w switches can be disabled with a no- prefix,
so you may be able to do something like --no-pedantic, but I doubt
that'll help.  As you noted, the compiler itself is much more picky
these days.

Does Fedora not ship other version of gcc?
|  Stephen Gran                  | Matrimony is the root of all evil.      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |