ron kaye on 20 Dec 2005 02:38:10 -0000

RE: [PLUG] verizon dsl

Start simple.
Just get one RH9 pc to connect to the internet via the westell modem.

Modem has been configured. Works when I connect Ethernet port on modem
W2k pc nic.

Switched cable to linux box- eth0

Ran adsl-setup ("server" option for ISP supplied DNS)

Then
	Adsl-start or adsl connect merely hangs

I should see a new "assigned" ip address for eth0,
And
A ppp0 interface.

{{{{Phase 2

Install rcfirewall script
        Which includes ip masquerading, port forwarding enabled

Then I can reconfigure my other network machines to get "out" via the
linux box

Phase 3

Add DMZ with web server, mail server)))

Ron