gyoza on 21 Dec 2005 22:28:38 -0000

[PLUG] OOo 2 File Corruption

So, I tried OOo 2.0.0 and used their new Writer format.  Not good.  The
file became corrupted.

I was able to recover the text from a PDF export that I did as a test.
Then I saved using the old Writer format.  No problem so far.

Just be aware that it could happen to you if it hasn't already.  That
was my first use of OOo2.  Well, I was writing in Japanese text with
furigana.  But, the problem seemed to occur when I did a "save as...".
Doesn't seem to make sense, but that's when things freaked out.  Both
the original file and the new file were corrupted.