Doug Crompton on 30 Dec 2005 18:09:27 -0000

[PLUG] SATA and Raid

I am thinking of replacing my ATA drives on a non-SATA MB with SATA using
a PCI SATA adapter. Has anyone done this?

The adapter boards are inexpensive and there are HW raid versions that
are in the $100 range.

When using HW raid... lets say 2 drives mirrored for a simple example.
Assuming there are 6 or 7 linux partitions on the drive, does it treat the
drive as one entity? E.G if you were to lose a drive and replace it would
it reconstruct it as the other drive with all partitions?

Doug