Doug Crompton on 3 Jan 2006 06:27:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: SATA and Raid

OK... Comments on the 3ware  8506-4LP   or the Rocketraid  2224 ???

It looks like rocket raid has good Linux support and their web page is
well organized and has all relevant drivers although I am sure 3ware does
also. The 2224 is interesting as it has an infiniband external connector.
Not that I probably would ever use it....

Although these are expensive compared to SW it is something you should be
able to carry to future systems (SATA-2) and not be obsolete for awhile.

A not on the Promise... it appears that there is support of the Fasttrak
cards in the 2.6 kernel although I have not confirmed it. It still is SW
raid though.

Doug