John Von Essen on 25 Jan 2006 17:21:10 -0000

Re: [PLUG] VPN Options and Suggestions

To be perfectly honest... Your are going to spend a TON of time trying to
get all this to work for all of those platforms.

My advice, depending on your user load, buy a commercial VPN device. If
you dont have alot of users, a PIX 501 can be used with Cisco's VPN
client software - whick I believe is supported for OS X, Linux,
Solaris, and Win32. The Cisco VPN client is much more user friendly too.

A PIX 501 with 10 VPN users will run you $400. More users, a little more
money - maybe a PIX 515. Even though people think of the PIX as a
firewall, its a very robust VPN device. Alot of times you can use the PIX
instead of Cisco's VPN Concentrator - which is more expensive - and only
good if you have a large user base.

-John