Andrew Libby on 25 Jan 2006 17:03:36 -0000

[PLUG] VPN Options and Suggestions

Good Afternoon Folks,

I'm in the process of setting up a VPN, or at least trying to determine
the best option.
We'd like the server to be an FC4 machine, unless there's a compelling
reason to use
something else.  The clients will be Linux, MAC OSX and Win XP (home and
professional).
The goal is to support some work from home situations.

I've peeked at three packages, OpenVPN, FreeSWAN, and OpenSWAN.  It's
not obvious to me which is well supported.  FreeSWAN seems to be undergoing
some development after a period of inactivity.  OpenSWAN seems new and
composed
of FreeSWAN defectors.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

Andy

--
Andrew Libby
alibby@philadelphiariders.com

1999 SV650
1999 Laverda 750S
1996 BMWR1100RS
1981 Moto Guzzi CX100 (in Lemans I clothing)