Greg Lopp on 2 Feb 2006 15:24:34 -0000

[PLUG] /proc/crypto/cipher

I have an installer that appears to mount a crypto'd loopback image. It asks me for a password and then, according to strace, tries to access /proc/crypto/cipher.

Thanks to my kernel changes I do have a /proc/crypto now, but it is a file, not a directory. I think this is the reason it rejects the password, but cannot be sure.

What will cause the creation of /proc/crypto/cipher ? Or would I expect to only find it by going back in time to something that case with redhat90 or redhat73 (explicitly mentioned by the installer app)?