Greg Lopp on 2 Feb 2006 15:12:45 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Kernel upgrade woes

Found some references to other people having problems with arch/i386/kernel/process.c and patches thereunto. (Must to a gcc version thing)

I skipped up to 2.6.15.2 and I'm up and running again.

Greg Lopp wrote:

Took a look while in "recovery mode" (aka single user mode) and found the udev was not installed.
Booted into an old 2.4.27 kernel and didn't have any mount problems. Then rebooted into the 2.6.10 kernel without mount problems. I have repeated that pattern: 2.4.27 to 2.6.10 and it's OK. 2.6.10 to 2.6.10 and nothing works. What is this /etc/blkid.tab anyway?

On a different note, it appears that I can no longer build a kernel. After several warnings about "pointer tagets" " differing in sighnedness", I fail in arch/i386/kernel/process.c when the assembler errors out, informing me that "suffix or operands invalid for 'mov'" I thought that I'd removed all those cross compiler tools....could a config file have been missed somewhere?