Dan Widyono on 2 Feb 2006 02:34:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Personal Financial software

> 2. Gnucash does not save as it goes, writing instead a log file of
>    what has happened.  This is not what I would expect of such an app,
>    but fine.  If gnucash dies unexpectedly (typically due to power
>    failure, gc itself was very stable), the log is not replayable.

Actually it now replays fine, as of 1.8.9 at least.  So logs are really
transaction records with useful qualities.

As to startup time, well, I start it up once only.  Then it takes me days to
finish all the month's finances.  ;)

Dan W.